The CPAN Security Group (CPANSec) receives and handles reports of undisclosed vulnerabilities to be able to assist the community in preparing patches, coordinating with authors and reporters, and preparing public announcements.
This includes access to embargoed pre-release vulnerability information provided by external sources contingent on the understanding that we will not disclose this information prior to the public announcement date of the vulnerability.
Members need to agree to the following before getting access to information about undisclosed vulnerabilities through private channels:
- The information that you obtain as part of the pre-release notification is not to be shared with anyone besides;
- firstname.lastname@example.org members
- The Perl security team
- The authors or security team of affected packages
- The sender and recipients of the original notification email
Information should be kept [TLP:RED] and shared, with the groups listed above, on a need to know basis only.
All discussion about the pre-release information is to be handled through private channels such as the email@example.com mailing list. This information is not to be discussed on public channels such as IRC, Mastodon, or similar.
Patches or PoCs are not to be kept on public GIT or CPAN repos available to anyone else, or similar. Testing of patches must be in a staged private environment isolated to your system. These patches should only be made available publicly after the public release date of the vulnerability.
- The deployment of the patches and/or mitigations for pre-release vulnerabilities is NOT permitted to any system during the embargo, with the exception of CRITICAL vulnerabilities that threaten the integrity of PAUSE, CPAN or MetaCPAN.
Members of CPANSec that needs access to pre-release disclosure information (i.e. members of the firstname.lastname@example.org mailing list, VINCE/CC portal, or similar) need to accept these terms by adding their name to “Signatories” below.
The CPAN Security Group <email@example.com> (CPANSec)
- Based on: https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Security/Pre-Release-Disclosure (CC-BY-SA-4.0)